Cold weather hazards are the primary meteorological cause of aviation incidents and accidents worldwide. Learn how to keep your aircraft, crew and passengers safe with FlightSafety's updated winter operations course. This is the most comprehensive online training course on cold weather hazards for flight department personnel and has been updated for the 2016/2017 winter season. This year's course contains for the first time an optional test-out feature which will allow you to skip the lessons where you are most knowledgeable.
New for the 2016/17 season:
- Pass pre-tests to opt out of lessons and proceed directly to the next lesson
- FAA's new Runway Condition Assessment Matrix (RCAM)
- Updated 2016/2017 icing operations guidelines and Holdover Time Tables
- Updated list of approved anti-icing and de-icing fluids
- Revised guidelines for anti-icing with flaps and slats deployed
- Added considerations regarding anti-icing operations inside a hangar and using a Forced Air System to de-ice and anti-ice
- Ice Pellet Allowance Time revision with glycol-based anti-icing fluids
This course is in our new user interface which will improve the training experience and is accessible on PC, Mac, or any tablet.