Co-developed by FlightSafety and Aviation Specialties Unlimited (ASU), this FAA-approved eLearning Night Vision Goggles (NVG) Recurrent course is designed to review NVG operational techniques during all phases of flight. NVG regulatory and procedural guidance FAA 61.31(k)(1) will also be covered.
Specifically, by the end of the course, pilots will be able to:
- State the various NVG components and the required pre-operational and functional checks.
- Describe crew briefing and CRM issues related to an NVG flight.
- State the pre-flight, takeoff, enroute, approach and landing considerations for a prepared and an unprepared landing zone.
- Identify enroute flight considerations after receiving a flight request.
- Recognize NVG regulatory and procedural guidance to ensure you are operating safely and legally.
Available on the iPad